Zotero is an online bibliography program integrated with the Firefox browser.
The main GTPR Bibliographies [Library > Bibliographies] are imported via Zotero. To contribute to our bibliographies, please create an individual account with Zotero and then send a group request to GTPR. Once you have joined the GTPR Zotero group you will be able to add references to our group library, which will automatically sync with the GTPR website.
When adding citations to the GTPR library on Zotero, please check them for accuracy, and sort works into relevant collections (use existing or create new thematic collections) to make searching for works easier. Use the drop-down menu on the Bibliographies page to view works by collection. Additionally, you can use the search bar at the bottom of the page to look for works by author, keyword, etc.
See below for more instructions on using Zotero to contribute to the Bibliographies:
- Create an individual account with Zotero
- Click on the “Groups” tab and search for GTPR
- Click on “Join Group”
- Download Zotero to easily create new bibliography entries with Firefox
- Follow the directions to set up Syncing so that you can easily sync new citations within your personal account and with the GTPR group account
Adding Citations to the GTPR Bibliography
- There are two ways to create new citations:
- Add a new citation and manually enter the bibliographic information
- Automatically create a citation using the Zotero in Firefox:
- Locate sources using your library search engine, Google Books, etc., and click the Save to Zotero button
- Use the Zotero feature in Firefox to drag and drop citations into the GTPR group library
- Be sure to also drop new citations into thematic folders for easy searching on the GTPR website
- Users may also create new thematic folders (general or specific) to organize citations
- You must set up Syncing to add citations to the GTPR group bibliographies
For more help and detailed instructions, visit: https://www.zotero.org/support/